A day after a violent police crackdown against Bolivia's indigenous people, police use tear gas and batons against demonstrators gathered to protest the government's actions. Burning tires on the tarmac, supporters of the indigenous shut down the Rurrenbaque airport, freeing some protesters who had been arrested a day earlier in Yucumo.
UN Expert deplore violence against the indigenous people of Bolivia!
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Just days after Iran released two Americans accused of spying, anIranian court has upheld the apostasy conviction and executionsentence of Christian Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani.
The 11th branch of Iran’s Gilan Provincial Court has determined thatNadarkhani has Islamic ancestry and therefore must recant his faith in Jesus Christ. Iran’s supreme court had previously ruled that the trial court must determine if Youcef had been a Muslim before converting to Christianity.
However, the judges, acting like terrorists with a hostage, demanded that he recant his faith in Christ before even taking evidence. The judges stated that even though the judgment they have made is against the current Iranian and international laws, they have to uphold the previous decision of the 27th Branch of the Supreme Court in Qom. Read More on Washington Post
Source: Washington Post
- PrisonerAlert Update: Youcef Nadarkhani (billydie.wordpress.com)
- Tehran suspends, but does not revoke pastor's death sentence for converting (onecatholicnews.wordpress.com)
- "Iran: Execution for Apostasy Seems Imminent" (volokh.com)
- Iranian Top Court Upholds Eye For An Eye Verdict (asiantimez.wordpress.com)
- Iranian Christian Told By Supreme Court To Renounce Faith Or Face Punishment (jonathanturley.org)