Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Cuban dissident journalist Guillermo Fariñas has now been transferred to a hospital in the province of Santa Clara, Cuba, for loosing consciousness, after holding a hunger and thirst for eight days in protest over the death of prisoner of conscience Orlando Zapata.
Licet Zamora, spokesman for the opposition, reported that Fariñas was transferred to the Provincial Hospital near Castro Asnlado Miliary 10.45 (16.45 Peninsular Time) after being knocked unconscious while the doctor Ismael Iglesias was performing a general checkup.
Fariñas was on his eighth day of hunger and thirst strike and "was pretty dehydrated and had very low blood pressure, reported the spokesperson, recalling that two days ago his doctor had said that in 48 hours the body of independent journalist could go into a Coma.
(Orlando Zapata Tamayo blog)
Freelance journalist on hunger strike, Guillermo Fariñas Hernandez, returned home after receiving medical treatment at a hospital in Santa Clara, Cuba.
Alicia Hernandez, mother of Guillermo Fariñas, told Radio Martí that her son who had been on hunger strike for the last 8 days, and had been rushed to hospital had returned to his home and will continue the hunger strike in protest against the government of General Raúl Castro.
The details in the audio. > Audio Audio">